Regular Acts of Kindness is our version of Workplace Giving.
Being part of Regular Acts of Kindness means you and your workplace can work towards achieving a target which will make a significant difference to the lives of others.
After one year of regular contributions your workplace could raise …
- $5,000 to buy a diversionary therapy device that will help children in Paediatrics reduce anxiety during traumatic medical procedures
- $10,000 for a medical research grant for an area of your choosing such as cancer, heart disease or degenerative disease like Alzheimer’s (to name but a few)
- $15,000 to purchase equipment for complimentary care and support vital cancer prevention research in the Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer
- $20,000 to fund a PhD scholarship for one year for a bright young mind to build upon groundbreaking research projects in an area of your choice
- $50,000 to buy a ventilator for tiny babies in the Neonatal Unit, or provide a vital device to help trauma patients breathe easier in the Intensive and Critical Care Unit
What are some of the benefits of Regular Acts of Kindness?
Not only will you feel good about giving but your donations are deducted from your pre-tax salary, which means you will receive an immediate tax deduction. Based on the marginal tax rate, a $10 weekly donation will cost you $6.85 after the automatic tax deduction. The Flinders Foundation will still receive the full $10.
How will I know that my donation is making a difference?
The Flinders Foundation will keep you and your workplace updated on the progress of your nominated project so you can celebrate when you’ve reached your goal (and maybe even decide what project you’ll be supporting next!)
I’d love to support the Flinders Foundation, what steps do I need to take?
Tell management that you would like to start Regular Acts of Kindness within your workplace. The Flinders Foundation will assist your HR or payroll department to set up administration procedures for the program. All you have to do is decide what amount you would like to donate each pay period and the nominated amount will be deducted automatically.
“The desire to make a difference for sick children and cancer patients is why we are part of Regular Acts of Kindness. We know where the money is going and can see the outcomes – that’s important. Even more so knowing that every dollar we give is going towards our nominated cause” - Michelle Norton - Baker Young Stockbrokers
You can choose as much as you want to support the Flinders Foundation. Every dollar counts! Download the Regular Acts of Kindness flyer for more information.